Continued School Improvement
At Oldfield Brow, we place continued school improvement at the centre of the school's drive to secure academic excellence for all children within the happiest and most supportive of school environments. We see this as essential to ensuring that we can meet our values and aims of "Inspiring the Exceptional" potential of each of our learners who have the knowledge and attitude to "thrive in a changing world" (School Vision, 2023)
School Improvement at Oldfield Brow is always based on research-proven teaching and learning techniques and is planned for embedded and sustained impact. The school has a long-term plan for improvement and these objectives are based on the following principles:
- Identify: Accurate identification of areas of development
- Develop: Research into effective strategies to address the identified areas of development
- Preparation: Effective leadership to implement the improvement, including relevant professional development for stakeholders
- Implementation: effective implementation of new initiatives and continued monitoring against key indicators for improvement.
- Embed: embedding the new practice through continued professional development and monitoring leading to...
- Sustain: sustained and embedded practice that shows a significant impact on our learner outcomes.
Below are the key School Improvement foci for the current academic year. Underneath each statement lies a detailed implementation plan and an understanding of how each of these aims links to the longer-term school improvement priorities.