A school uniform teaches students to dress smartly and take pride in their appearance. Perhaps most importantly, a uniform means students don't have to worry about peer pressure when it comes to their clothes. When everyone is dressed the same, worrying about what you look like isn't so important and learning can take priority.
Our school staff believe that when students wear uniforms, there is an increased sense of community and pride in our school. This Uniform Policy will contribute to the health and safety of our students and to the development of a productive learning environment. Please take a few moments to review our school’s revised uniform policy below. Be assured that the revised lists will not require you to purchase additional items; it simply provides more options.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school office if you need assistance.
SCHOOL DRESS POLICY
It is the policy of the school that all children should wear school uniform.
Winter Uniform – Autumn and Spring Terms
|| Girls’ Wear
|Royal blue sweatshirt/ v-neck jumper or v-neck cardigan
||Royal blue sweatshirt/ v-neck jumper or v-neck cardigan
||Grey skirt or pinafore dress or grey trousers
|Traditional school white shirt or polo shirt
||Traditional school white shirt - long or short sleeved
||Black shoes - low heels
| Plain socks White, Grey or Royal blue blue socks
||Plain socks White, Grey or Royal blue blue socks or tights
Optional Summer Uniform from Easter Onwards
|Grey shorts & white polo shirt or traditional white shirtschool
||Dark blue checked school dress
||Black shoes – low heels
|Plain dark socks
||White or navy blue socks or tights
P.E. Uniform Kit – identical for boys and girls
Black shorts (no logos)
Plain t-shirt in the colour of Blue, Red, Yellow or Green depending on their allocated 'house'.
For winter months navy blue or black joggers and sweatshirt
Rubber-soled pumps for indoor PE
Trainers instead of pumps for outdoor games
Draw string pump bag.
- Navy sweatshirts or cardigans with the school motif are available through the school uniform supplier.
- All shirts should be tucked in the waistband of the trousers, shorts or skirts.
- It is not appropriate for children to wear jewellery except a sensible watch and a pair of small, plain stud earrings.
- Hairstyles should be appropriate for school i.e. no ‘mohicans’, no designs cut into short hair, no extremely short hair (i.e. no-guard or number 1) or bright coloured streaks. All long hair (i.e. shoulder length or longer) should be tied back. Headbands or scrunchies if worn, should be plain dark blue or black.
- Please ensure that ALL clothing and personal property is named.
- There is no reason for children to bring large bags into school. There is a great shortage of space in the cloakrooms and large school bags exacerbate the problem. Reading books will fit into a reading folder (which can be purchased from school). Lunch boxes can be carried and stored on trolleys.
HOW TO ORDER YOUR SCHOOL UNIFORM
· Place and pay for your uniform online via the website of our school uniform providers at www.stitchdesign.co.uk
· If it is the first time you have ordered with them you will need to register; you will need the school’s postcode to do so. For our school please use WA14 4LE
· You can place your order at any time, but orders will only go into production twice a month on pre-agreed cut-off dates. For our school these dates are:
6th and 21st of EVERY month
· Delivery should be expected within 15 working days* from the relevant cut-off date, so if you miss a date your order will not go into production until the next one.
· If there are any delays Stitch Design will contact you to explain the situation.
· When placing your order you will have two delivery options:
- Collect from School – Delivery is free if you choose this option.
- Standard Home Delivery – A delivery charge will be added to your order, but you can specify any address for delivery.
· Orders due for collection at the school during school holidays may not be received by us until the school re-opens.
· During most of the year a Standard Home Delivery will not be quicker than the free school collection, however you may find it more convenient.
During a holiday period the Standard Home Delivery may be the only way you can receive uniform before the school re-opens.
· If you have not received your order within 15 working days*, or you have any other problems please check the Help & Support page of the Stitch Design website for further instructions as to what action to take.
*Working days are defined as Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.