A school uniform teaches students to dress smartly and take pride in their appearance. Perhaps most importantly, a uniform means students don't have to worry about peer pressure when it comes to their clothes. When everyone is dressed the same, worrying about what you look like isn't so important and learning can take priority.
Our school staff believe that when students wear uniforms, there is an increased sense of community and pride in our school. This Uniform Policy will contribute to the health and safety of our students and to the development of a productive learning environment. Please take a few moments to review our school’s revised uniform policy below. Be assured that the revised lists will not require you to purchase additional items; it simply provides more options.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school office if you need assistance.
Our school uniform provider is Monkhouse Schoolwear, with our nearest store being in Altrincham;
25 Market Street
Tel: 0161 941 7503
You can also order online
SCHOOL DRESS POLICY
It is the policy of the school that all children should wear school uniform.
Winter Uniform – Autumn and Spring Terms
|| Girls’ Wear
|Royal blue sweatshirt/ v-neck jumper or v-neck cardigan
||Royal blue sweatshirt/ v-neck jumper or v-neck cardigan
||Grey skirt or pinafore dress or grey trousers
|Traditional school white shirt or polo shirt
||Traditional school white shirt - long or short sleeved
||Black shoes - low heels
| Plain socks White, Grey or Royal blue blue socks
||Plain socks White, Grey or Royal blue blue socks or tights
Optional Summer Uniform from Easter Onwards
|Grey shorts & white polo shirt or traditional white shirtschool
||Dark blue checked school dress
||Black shoes – low heels
|Plain dark socks
||White or navy blue socks or tights
P.E. kit – identical for boys and girls
Black shorts (no logos)
Plain t-shirt in the colour of Blue, Red, Yellow or Green depending on their allocated 'house'.
For winter months blue/navy or black joggers and sweatshirt
Rubber-soled pumps for indoor PE
Trainers instead of pumps for outdoor games
Draw string pump bag.
- Navy sweatshirts or cardigans with the school motif are available through the school uniform supplier.
- All shirts should be tucked in the waistband of the trousers, shorts or skirts.
- It is not appropriate for children to wear jewellery except a sensible watch and a pair of small, plain stud earrings.
- Hairstyles should be appropriate for school i.e. no ‘mohicans’, no designs cut into short hair, no extremely short hair (i.e. no-guard or number 1) or bright coloured streaks. All long hair (i.e. shoulder length or longer) should be tied back. Headbands or scrunchies if worn, should be plain dark blue or black.
- Please ensure that ALL clothing and personal property is named.
- There is no reason for children to bring large bags into school. There is a great shortage of space in the cloakrooms and large school bags exacerbate the problem. Reading books will fit into a reading folder (which can be purchased from school). Lunch boxes can be carried and stored on trolleys.